Pages

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Holy Toledo 3/3

After spending the last week surfing throughout the coast of California, I was eager to get back up into mountains. While surfing is extremely fun and I thoroughly enjoyed all the time spent on the beach; I gotta admit that it was nice standing up and riding a line for more than 10 or so seconds at a time.

I decided to take a cruiser up to Toledo Peak and get some turns in before work. Parking at the Chapel lot at Alta, it took about an hour to summit. The snow on the north facing aspects looked much better so I chose to drop into Holy Toledo. Holy Toledo goes right off the backside of Toledo bowl into Big Cottonwood. It's fairly wide for the most part, but I was able to find a tighter variation for the top section.

After enjoying the great north facing snow, I made my way back up to Cardiff Peak to return back to Little. The south facing snow was soft and enjoyable corn. No complaints with that either. I made my way back to the car just in time to avoid the snow getting too warm. Psyched to get back on skis again and enjoy the Wasatch mountains!





GH


No comments:

Post a Comment